Zucchini and Pepita Smokey Herb Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting GF
Nothing quite dresses a muffin up more than a whipped topping and a pop of crunch and flavour on top.
- PREP TIME 10mins
- COOK TIME 20mins
- DIFFICULTY Easy
Ingredients2 free range eggs
1 large or 2 small zucchini
1 cup grated cheese
1/4 cup baby spinach leaves
2 cups self raising gluten free flour (could also use buckwheat with baking powder added)
1/8 cup olive oil
1/4 cup sundried tomatoes slivers
1/4 cup smoked ham/bacon/vegetarian ham or leave out. Cooked and sliced thinly.
1/4 cup pepita seeds
1 cup water (or as needed)
1 packet cream cheese
1/4 cup chives chopped
1/4 cup parsley chopped
1/2 large lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon smokey paprika
Nutworks Texas Smoked Almond Sprinkles (Find me at woolworths.)
Method1. Pre heat oven to 180'c.
2. Line a muffin tray with cases or grease.
3. Whisk eggs and oil together in a large bowl.
4. Sprinkle in some salt and add into this mixture the cheese, ham, zucchini, pepita, paprika, sun-dried tomato and spinach and some of the water.
5. Gently fold the flour through the wet mixture, add a little extra water from the cup of water as needed. Mixture should be reasonably runny, easy to stir texture.
6. Fill cases approx 3/4 full.
7. Bake for around 20 minutes or until golden on top.
8. Remove from heat and allow to cool on a wire rack.
9. Whip the cream cheese with an electric beater/mixer with the lemon juice and nice and smooth and a little fluffy. Adjust amount of lemon to taste. You can use just a hint and replace with water.
10. Use a spatula to top each muffin with the cream cheese and top with the Nutworks Texas Smoked Almond Sprinkles.
Recipe Source: http://www.authorrebeccamugridge.com/2015/08/gluten-free-zucchini-herb-pepita-smokey-muffins.htmlBack
Recipe ID: 3279092