White Chocolate Mango & Macadamia Pavlova
Good old Aussie Pav with Macadamias and Mangoes
- DIFFICULTY Easy
Ingredients4 eggs, separated
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
60g White Chocolate, Grated
300ml Cream, whipped
2 Mangoes, seeded, peeled and sliced
2 Kiwifruit peeled and sliced
2 Passionfruit pulp
3/4 cup macadamia nuts, toasted, roughly chopped
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup water
Method1. Preheat oven to slow 150degreesC. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. In a clean bowel, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until soft peaks form
3. Gradually add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar dissolves and foam is stiff, thick and glossy. Beat in juice and vanilla. Fold in chocolate.
4. Spoon mixture onto tray, spreading to from a 22 cm round with slight recess (or o form 8 round even nests)
5. Bake 20 minutes (10 for small nests). Reduce oven to slow, 120degreesC, and bake 45 minutes (20 minutes for nests). Allow to cool in a turned off oven. door ajar to dry out completely.
6. MACADAMIA PRALINE
Meanwhile, line an oven tray with baking paper. Spread nuts over tray. In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and water. Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to boil. Simmer without stirring 10-12minutes until golden. Pour toffee over macadamias, tilting tray to spread as thinly as possible. Allow tp set at room temperature. Break into small pieces.
7. Pile cream into cold pavlova shell. Arrange mango and kiwifruit on top and drizzle with passionfruit. Finish with praline
Recipe Source: Women's DayBack
Recipe ID: 3263494