Sticky Hoisin BBQ Lamb Shoulder
This classic Aussie blend has enough lifted berry aromas and dense plum compote taste to act almost like a relish
- DIFFICULTY Easy
Ingredients1/2 cup soy source
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1tbsp sesame oil
2 garlic cloves
2 cm piece of fresh ginger, finely grated
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1.5kg boned lamb shoulder
6 thin green onions, trimmed, halved
2 long red chillies, finely chopped
1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts, chopped
2 lebanese cucumbers, sliced
Steamed rice to serve
Method1. Combine soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sugar, oil, garlic, ginger and 2 tablespoons of vinegar in a large shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add lamb. Turn to coat in mixture. Cover
2. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight, if time permits. Preheat a barbecue chargrill (with hood) on medium -low heat
3. Drain lamb, reserving marinade. Cook lamb, flat side down. for 15minutes. Turn lamb. Cook with lid closed for 30-35 minutes for medium or unit cooked to your liking.
4. Transfer to a plate. cover loosely with foil. Stand for about 10 minutes
5. Meanwhile, place reserved marinade in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low.
6. Simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened slightly. Strain into small jug
7. Heat barbecue chargrill on medium. Cook onions, turning, for 3-4 minutes or until golden.
8. Thinly slice lamb. Sprinkle lamb with onion, chilli and roasted peanuts.
9. Toss cucumber in a bowl with the remaining vinegar.
10. Serve lamb with cucumber mixture, reserved marinade and steamed rice
Recipe Source: Daily Telegraph, SydneyBack
Recipe ID: 3263484