Sticky Ginger Chicken Stir-fry with Cucumber and Ginger Salad
A delicious refreshing packed with flavour stir-fry.
- SERVES 4
- PREP TIME 1hr 50mins
- COOK TIME 30mins
- DIFFICULTY Medium
Ingredients500g chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed
20ml (1 tbs) light soy sauce
50ml (2 1/2 tbs) dark soy sauce
60ml (1/4 cup) Shaohsing rice wine *
2 tsp macadamia oil
1 tbs cornflour
20ml (1 tbs) sunflower oil
2 tbs finely sliced ginger
2 tbs finely sliced garlic
2 tbs sugar
1/2 tsp Sichuan pepper *
150ml chicken stock
Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
Cucumber & ginger salad1 telegraph cucumber, peeled, thinly sliced
2 tbs pickled ginger *
40ml (2 tbs) seasoned rice wine*
1 tsp black sesame seeds *
1.To make the cucumber and ginger salad, place the cucumber, ginger and seasoned rice wine in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces and place in a glass bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the light soy, 1/2 tablespoon of the dark soy, 1 tablespoon of Shaohsing rice wine, half the macadamia oil and half the cornflour in a bowl. Pour over chicken and set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 240°C.
4. Drain the chicken, reserving the marinade, and place the chicken on a baking tray. Drizzle with the sunflower oil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden.
5. Heat a wok over high heat. Add the remaining sesame oil and the ginger, stir-fry for 1 minute until crisp. Add the garlic, remaining dark soy, the sugar and Sichuan pepper, then pour in the stock. Reduce heat to low, cover and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.6. Stir the remaining cornflour into the reserved marinade, then add to the wok with the chicken and remaining wine. Cook for 1 minute until chicken is heated through. Garnish the salad with the sesame seeds. Serve chicken on steamed jasmine rice with the salad.
* Available from Asian supermarkets.
Recipe ID: 3263483