Peppered Beef and Roast Macadamia Salad
This macadamia & pepper coated beef served with a fresh salad & macadamia vinaigrette is a great summer dish.
- SERVES 4-6
- DIFFICULTY Easy
Ingredients1/2 Cup of raw Macadamias
600g of fillet steak
2 Tablespoons of cracked black pepper
1/4 Cup of finely chopped Macadamias
1 Bunch rocket or mesclun
1 Cup finely sliced fennel (white flesh only)
1 Cup shredded red cabbage
100ml Macadamia Oil
2 Tablespoons of red wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
1. Roast the Macadamias in a moderate oven until browned.
2. Trim steak of excess fat and brush with oil.
3. Blend pepper and chopped Macadamias into coarse paste and press firmly onto the steak.
4. Preheat barbeque, grill pan, or non stick pan to high, add a little Macadamia oil and sear fillet on all sides. Reduce to medium high for further 5 minutes or as desired.
5. Remove from pan, cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Slice thinly.
6. Arrange salad and Macadamias in center of plates placing steak around the outside.
7. Whisk together dressing ingredient, spoon over the salad and meat. Season to taste.