Try out this weeks recipe of a Tasty Pecan Tart. This rich caramel and nut tart along with NESTLE finest products will have everyone in the household satisfied. Get in to your local Woolworths now and pick up the Australians Sweet Baking Favourites recipe book and try this recipe out.
- DIFFICULTY Easy
1 1/4 cups Plain Flour
1/2 cup Icing Sugar Mixture
125g Cold Unsalted Butter, Chopped
1 tbsp Iced Water
1 1/2 cups Pecans, Chopped Coarsely
395g can NESTLE Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 Eggs, Lightly Beaten
1. Preheat oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan forced. Grease 36cm x 13cm loose base rectangular flan tin.
2. Using a food processor, process flour, icing sugar mixture and butter until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, add enough water to make ingredients come together, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, knead until smooth, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
3. Roll pastry out between two sheets of baking paper until large enough to line tin. Ease pastry into tin, press into base and sides, trim excess. Prick base all over with fork. Cover and refrigerate a further 30 minutes.
4. Place tin on a baking tray, cover pastry with baking paper, fill with dried beans or uncooked rice, bake 10 minutes, carefully remove paper and beans/rice from pastry case, bake a further 5 minutes or until golden, remove from oven.
5. Reduce oven to 160ºC/140ºC fan forces. Sprinkle pecans over the base of the pastry case. Combine NESTLE Sweetened Condensed Milk, sugar and eggs in a bowl, pour mixture over pecans, place on a baking tray, return to oven and bake 30 minutes or until just set.
Recipe ID: 3263449