The tasty classic Pad Thai
- SERVES 4
- DIFFICULTY Easy
Ingredients• 150g rice noodles
• 100ml sunflower oil
• 1/4 tsp ground coriander
• 2 kaffir lime leaves, inner stem removed, finely shredded*
• 1 lemongrass stem (inner core only), grated
• 3 long red chillies, seeds removed, thinly sliced lengthways
• 3 spring onions, sliced on an angle
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• 1 small red capsicum, very thinly sliced
• 100g blanched snake beans* (or thin green beans), cut into 5cm lengths
• Pinch of caster sugar
• 2 tbs fish sauce
• 250g peeled green prawns, tails intact
• Juice of 1 lime
• 150g dry roasted peanuts, chopped
• Coriander leaves, to serve
Method1. Soak noodles in hot water for 10 minutes until soft, then drain. Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add ground coriander, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, chilli and spring onion and stir for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add garlic, capsicum, snake beans, sugar and fish sauce. Cook for a further 2 minutes, then add prawns, lime juice and half the peanuts and stir fry for 2-3 minutes until the prawns turn pink.
2. Add noodles to wok and toss to combine. Serve with coriander leaves and remaining peanuts.
*Kaffir lime leaves, snake beans and Thai basil are from selected grocers.
Recipe Source: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/27787/pad+thaiBack
Recipe ID: 3263441