Mango Mousse with Toffee Dipped Macadamias
Fresh and Light Mango Mousse with a Macadamia Crumble and a Toffee Macadamia
- DIFFICULTY Medium
50g plain flour
50g cold butter
50g chopped macadamias toasted
25g shredded coconut
30g raw sugar
150g castor sugar
pinch of salt
pinch of crème tartar
300ml Mango Puree
200ml Thicken Cream
1 gelatine leaf
1 mango, peeled, finely sliced
Toffee Dipped Macadamias
100g castor sugar
¼ cup water
Method1. To make crumble, preheat oven to 180C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until coarse crumbs form. Spread onto prepared tray in a thin layer. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Cool completely.
2. Reduce oven to 120C. Place pineapple slices on a lightly oiled wire rack over a baking tray. Cook for 1 hour or until dry. Cool.
3. To make mousse, place sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Boil syrup, without stirring, until it reaches 112-116C on a candy thermometer.
4. Using an electric mixer, beat eggwhites, salt and crème of tartar until soft peaks form. Slowly add hot sugar syrup, beating until mixture is cool, thick and glossy.
5. Soak gelatine in cold water until soft. Squeeze out excess water.
6. Heat 80ml (1/3 cup) of puree in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and add gelatine. Stir until dissolved, then add to remaining puree.
7. Using an electric mixer, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add to meringue and fold to combine. Add mango mixture and fold to combine. Divide mousse among serving glasses. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
8. To make toffee-dipped macadamias, place sugar and water in a small saucepan over low heat and stir for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat and bring to the boil, without stirring and using a wet pastry brush to brush down any stray grains of sugar, for 5-7 minutes or until mixture turns golden caramel brown. Remove from heat. Skewer each macadamia with a bamboo skewer and dip in toffee. Rest skewers on side of bench, with macadamia overhanging.
9. Top each mango mousse with crumble and decorate with pineapple and macadamias to serve.
Recipe Source: http://au.tv.yahoo.com/my-kitchen-rules/recipes/recipe/-/16275069/mango-mousse-with-toffee-dipped-macadamias/Back
Recipe ID: 3263428