Mango Macadamia Nut Ice Cream Cake
Delicious treat for those hot summer days!
- DIFFICULTY Easy
Ingredients125g butternut snap biscuits
1/2 cup dry-roasted macadamia nuts, chopped
20g butter, melted
2 tablespoons white rum
1 tablespoon caster sugar
800g can mango cheeks, drained
750ml vanilla ice-cream, softened
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
500ml passionfruit sorbet
lime slices, to serve
1. Line a 7cm-deep, 21cm x 11cm (base) loaf pan with 2 layers of foil, allowing a 5cm overhang on long sides.
2. Place biscuits and half the nuts in a processor. Process until fine crumbs form. Add butter. Process until combined. Press mixture into base of prepared pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place rum, sugar and half the mango in a processor. Process until smooth. Set aside. Chop remaining mango.
4. Place ice-cream, chopped mango, coconut, remaining nuts and 1/2 cup rum mixture in a bowl. Stir to combine. Spoon over biscuit base. Freeze for 3 hours or until set.
5. Soften sorbet in a bowl. Fold through remaining rum mixture. Spoon over icecream mixture. Cover and freeze overnight or until firm. Remove pan from freezer. Turn out onto a plate. Remove foil. Stand for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. Serve.
Recipe Source: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/20394/mango+macadamia+ice+cream+cakeBack
Recipe ID: 3263427