Macadamia and Coffee Marzipan
This Macadamia and Chocolate Marzipan is a delicious treat that is easy to prepare and there is no cooking involved!
- SERVES 40slices
- DIFFICULTY Easy
2 Cups of chopped raw Macadamia nuts
2/3 Cup pure icing sugar
1/2 Cup castor sugar
Few drops vanilla essence
1 egg white
1 Tablespoon premium granulated coffee OR 1 teaspoon of coffee essence
1 Cup of Macadamia halves (extra)
Method(MAKES 40 Slices)
1. Blend the chopped macadamias, sugar and vanilla in a food processor until well combined.
2. Gradually add enough egg white to
bind to a coarse paste.
3. Remove half of the mixture, knead lightly and press into a 24cm square tin.
4. Add coffee to remaining mixture and process until smooth.
5. Roll out to size of tin and gently ease over top of nuts pressing down gently with hands.
6. Cover with plastic and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before cutting into bite-sized pieces.