Macadamia and Apricot Crumble Cake
This delicious cake is a lovely desert that can be served warm with cream or is just as enjoyable for morning or afternoon tea with family and friends.
- SERVES 10-12
- COOK TIME 50-60mins
- DIFFICULTY Easy
Ingredients1 cup raw macadamia nuts, chopped
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon mixed spice
100g unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup caster sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup buttermilk
8-10 fresh or canned apricot halves
1/2 cup raw macadamias
1/3 cup rolled oats
1 tablespoon plain flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter, cut in small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 180oC. Grease a 23cm round springform cake tin or line with baking paper.
2. Place the chopped macadamia nuts, flour, baking powder and ginger in a food processor and blend until macadamias are ground.
3. In a separate large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg gradually, beating well with each addition.
4. Lightly fold through half the macadamia flour mixture followed by the buttermilk.
5. Fold through the remaining flour, then spoon into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
6. Place apricots, skin side down, on the cake gently pressing into mixture. Using fingertips, combine the crumble ingredients and scatter over the apricots.
7. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before lifting out onto a wire rack.
Recipe ID: 3263394