Licorice Parfait with Lime Syrup
Are you a licorice lover??? Why not try something different and create a delicious dessert...
- SERVES 6
- PREP TIME 140mins
- COOK TIME 20mins
- DIFFICULTY Medium
250 grams sugar
250 millilitres water
1 lime juice and rind only
4 limes segmented, pith and pips removed
300 millilitres cream
50 grams licorice
2 free range eggs
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons glucose
60 grams sugar
2 tablespoons Pernod
1. Bring the sugar and water to the boil, stirring to ensure the sugar is dissolved.
2. Remove from heat & add the lime juice and the rind to taste.
3. Stir well & refrigerate.
1. In a small saucepan combine the cream & licorice & heat gently, without boiling, until the licorice is very soft.
2. Blend the mixture in a food processor until well combined & pour through a fine sieve to strain out the tiny pieces of licorice.
3. Set aside to cool.
4. In a stainless steel bowl over a large saucepan of gently simmering water, make a sabayon by whisking together the eggs, yolk, glucose, sugar & pernod until the mixture turns pale & fluffy.
5. Remove from heat & continue whisking until it cools a little.
6. Fold half of the sabayon into the licorice mixture.
7. Once combined, fold in the remaining sabayon until well combined.
8. Pour into individual moulds, or 1 log shaped tin, & freeze.
1. Lower the moulds into hot water for a few seconds before turning out the parfait.
2. You can either pour over the lime syrup, or serve it on the table in a jug.
3. Garnish with lime segments.
Recipe Source: http://www.chefspencil.com/recipe/licorice-parfait-with-lime-syrup/Back
Recipe ID: 3263392