Golden Grand Marnier Puddings
Fresh and tasty pudding
- SERVES 8
- PREP TIME 30mins
- COOK TIME 1hr 30mins
- DIFFICULTY Easy
Ingredients250g dried apricots
100g dried pears
100g glace ginger
100g dried pineapple
1 small red apple, peeled, cored, finely chopped
125ml (1/2 cup) Grand Marnier
Melted butter, to grease
125g butter, at room temperature
80g (1/2 cup, lightly packed) brown sugar
100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
60g (1 cup) fresh white breadcrumbs
115g (3/4 cup) self-raising flour
1 tsp mixed spice
Icing sugar, to dust
Vanilla custard, to serve
Method1. Use kitchen scissors to cut the apricots, pears, ginger and pineapple into 5mm pieces. Place in a glass or ceramic bowl. Stir in the apple and Grand Marnier. Set aside for 1 hour to macerate.
2. Preheat oven to 170°C. Brush eight 250ml (1-cup) capacity pudding moulds with melted butter to grease. Line the bases with non-stick baking paper.
3. Use an electric beater to beat the butter and combined sugar in a large bowl. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the breadcrumbs, flour and mixed spice, and stir until just combined. Add the fruit mixture and stir until well combined.
4. Spoon the fruit mixture evenly among the prepared moulds and smooth the surfaces. Cut eight 15cm squares of foil. Fold in the centre to make a small pleat. Place over the moulds and secure.
5. Place the moulds in a large roasting pan. Add enough boiling water to the pan to reach two-thirds of the way up the sides of the moulds. Bake in oven for 1 1/2 hours or until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean. Set aside in the moulds for 5 minutes to stand.
6. Run a flat-bladed knife around the insides of the moulds. Turn onto serving plates. Dust with icing sugar and serve with custard.
Recipe Source: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/20946/golden+grand+marnier+puddingsBack
Recipe ID: 3263375