Fish Fillet with Macadamia Stuffing
Have everyone talking with this sophisticated main at your next dinner party!
- SERVES 8
- PREP TIME 55mins
- COOK TIME 30mins
- DIFFICULTY Medium
Ingredients150g unsalted butter, chilled
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 bacon rashers, rind removed, roughly chopped
75g soft white breadcrumbs
2 tbs roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 tsp chopped lemon thyme leaves
100g roasted unsalted macadamia nuts
2 tsp grated lemon rind
1 small egg, beaten
8 skinless trout fillets (ask your fishmonger to prepare them)
1 cup (250ml) white wine
1 tbs lemon juice
Pan-wilted spinach, to serve
1.Melt 30g of the butter in a frypan over medium heat, add the onion and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until softened but not coloured. Add the bacon and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
2. Place the breadcrumbs, herbs and macadamias in a food processor and process until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add the onion mixture, lemon rind and egg, and process until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Spread top of each fillet with some stuffing, then roll up to enclose. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
5. Lightly grease a baking dish. Remove plastic wrap from the fish and place seam-side down in the dish. Pour the wine over top, then season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and bake for 15-18 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Strain the cooking juices into a saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Cook until reduced to about 1/2 cup (125ml) of liquid. Chop the remaining butter.7. Add butter to liquid, one piece at a time, whisking constantly, until all the butter is incorporated and the sauce thickens. Add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
8. To serve, place wilted spinach on each plate, top with a stuffed trout fillet and drizzle with sauce.
Recipe ID: 3263362