Chocolate Crackle Peanut Caramel Slice
SCHOOL HOLIDAY FUN!! This slice has it all - gooey caramel, crunchy chocolate rice bubbles and a silky chocolate top.
- SERVES 16
- PREP TIME 16mins
- COOK TIME 3hours 45minutes
- DIFFICULTY Easy
Ingredients• 50g (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
• 240g (1 1/2 cups) icing sugar mixture
• 175g (5 cups) rice bubbles
• 45g (1/3 cup) roasted salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
• 150g Copha, melted
• 2 x 380g cans caramel top 'n' fill
• 190g (2/3 cup) smooth peanut butter
• 150g milk chocolate, melted
Method1. Grease and line a 20 x 30cm lamington pan with baking paper, allowing the long sides to overhang.
2. Sift the cocoa powder and icing sugar together in a large bowl. Add the rice bubbles and peanuts and toss to combine. Add the copha and stir to combine. Spoon into the prepared pan. Use the back of a spoon to press evenly. Place in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm.
3. Combine the caramel filling and peanut butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Spread mixture evenly over the prepared base. Place in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
4. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon until chocolate melts. Pour over the caramel mixture and spread to coat. Place in the fridge for 1 hour or until set. Cut into squares to serve.
Recipe Source: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/35204/chocolate+crackle+peanut+caramel+slice?ref=collections,sweet-christmas-recipesBack
Recipe ID: 3263340