Butterflied Lamb with Macadamia Dukkah
- DIFFICULTY Easy
Ingredients1.5kg butterflied leg of lamb
2tbls olive oil
2/3 cup unsalted macadamias
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1 1/2 tbls coriander seeds
1 1/2 tbls cumin seeds
2tsps Sea Salt Flakes
Method1. To make macadamia dukkah, place macadamias on an oven tray. Cook in a hot (200degrees) for about 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Cool Slightly. transfer to a bowl.
2. Meanwhile, cook sesame seeds in a small frying pan over a medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Add to Macadamias.
3. Add coriander and cumin seeds to same frying pan. Cook, stirring, over a medium heat, for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until finely crushed. Add to macadamia mixture with salt. Season with pepper. Stir to combine
4. Trim fat from lamb. If lamb is uneven in thickness, beat with a rolling pin or meat mallet between two double sheets of plastic wrap. Place in a large bowl. Rub with oil and half the dukkah.
5. Heat a large, oiled grill plate or barbecue hot plate over a medium heat. Add lamb. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until browned.
6. Reduce heat to low. Cover lamb loosely with foil. Cook for a further 5 minutes in each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely cover with foil for 10 minutes. Thickly slice
7. Sprinkle lamb with remaining dukkah. Serve with potato salad or fresh green salad.