Apple and Macadamia Crumble
Delicious Sweet Treat! Nothing better then a slice of hot apple crumble with Macadamias!
- SERVES 6-8
- COOK TIME 0:40
- DIFFICULTY Easy
• 100g butter
• ½ cup (110g) caster (superfine) sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 cup plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
• 1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
• 1 tablespoon milk
• icing (confectioner’s) sugar, to dust
• 5 apples, peeled and chopped
• 10g butter
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1¼ cups (185g) plain (all-purpose) flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 125g butter
• ¾ cup (165g) caster sugar
• 75g of Macadamias
MethodPreheat oven to 160°C (320ºF). To make the crumble, mix the flour, baking powder, butter and sugar in a bowl until it resembles breadcrumbs. In a food processor or with a sharp knife cut the macadamias in to chunks and put in the crumble mix. Set aside.
To make the apple filling, place the apple, butter and cinnamon in a saucepan over low heat and cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Allow to cool.
Place the butter and sugar in an electric mixer and beat until creamy. Add the egg and beat well. Fold through the flour, baking powder and milk. Spread in a 20cm x 30cm tin lined with non-stick baking paper, top with the apple filling and crumble and bake for 40 minutes until golden. Serves 6–8.
Recipe Source: http://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/apple-sliceBack
Recipe ID: 3263297