Almond Strawberry Roulade
Delicate sponge layered with cream and strawberries makes this pretty roulade a luxurious dessert!
- DIFFICULTY Easy
Ingredients• 3 eggs
• 1/4 cup caster sugar
• 2 1/2 tablespoons plain flour, sifted
• 250g strawberries, hulled, chopped
• 1/4 cup pure icing sugar, sifted
• 250g mascarpone cheese
• 2 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
• Pure icing sugar, to serve
Method1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 25cm x 30cm Swiss roll pan. Line with baking paper. Dust lightly with flour.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar together for 5 minutes or until thick and creamy. Using a large metal spoon, fold flour into egg mixture until just combined. Spread mixture over prepared pan. Smooth surface. Bake for 5 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
3. Turn sponge onto a sheet of baking paper. Carefully peel away baking paper lining. Allow to cool. Mash strawberries roughly with a fork. Add icing sugar and stir to combine. Fold strawberry mixture into mascarpone. Spread mixture over sponge, leaving a 1cm border. Using baking paper as a guide, roll up sponge from short end to enclose filling.
4. Place sponge, seam side down, on a plate. Top with almonds. Dust with icing sugar. Serve
Recipe Source: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/18166/almond+strawberry+rouladeBack
Recipe ID: 3263291