New Top Super Berry - The Incaberry
Live “on air” on the TODAY show Nutrition expert Joanna McMillan talked about a new wave of superfoods sweeping the country: Incaberries were first on her list !!!
She wrote the below and then said most of this on the TV show –
- Similar to a Cape Gooseberry, the Incaberry is a small fruit with a glossy orange-yellow skin that is surrounded by papery leaves. Once the fruit is dried it has a distinctive bronze orange colour
- Recent studies found these Incaberries to have an antioxidant capacity higher than Gojiberries and other major dried fruits
- Dried Incaberries are very high in fibre with 19g fibre per 100g or 8g in a 1/4 cup (45g). This is more fibre than 1 cup of a high fibre breakfast cereal or a salad sandwich on wholegrain bread
- But more importantly Incaberries contain soluble fibre necessary for controlling appetite and reducing cholesterol re-absorption in the intestine. They contain a wide range of nutrients including vitamin C, potassium and phosphorus and are naturally low in sodium
- Delicious as a topping for yoghurt and muesli, or in slices and in Baking
See it on the following link ….
The Nutworks Team